Download my CV here, or click on the relevant section.
Translator and proofreader, National Hellenic Research Foundation, September 2016 – Present
Translating and proofreading English-language texts for NHRF projects, including funding applications.
Editor and Translator, Department of Political Science and History, Panteion University, September 2016 – Present
Preparing academic articles for funding applications, journal publications, and conference presentations.
Copywriter and Translator, 4Share.gr, October 2016 – Present
Writing and translating copy for clients in academia, health care, and events services.
Web Content Editor, Hellenic League for Human Rights, December 2016- July 2017
– Curated and published content on human rights, working with a team of legal experts.
– 25% increase in site visits during the first four months.
– Formulated and applied editorial guidelines to maximize content exposure.
– Translated copy, wrote and sent press releases, outreach emails, blog posts, report summaries, and project updates.
– Collaborated with web developers and social media managers to reinforce website messaging and usability.
Copy editor and translator, Delphi for European Capital of Culture, October 2015 – March 2016
Translated and edited all English-language print and web content for the candidacy of the Municipality of Delphi for European Capital of Culture 2021.
Research Assistant to Professor Heath Cabot, University of Pittsburgh, March 2015 – Present
Stakeholder and user engagement advice for a project on the patient experience in Athens, Greece.
Advisor (contractor), World Health Organization (WHO), March 2015 – May 2016
– Created a health care card for refugees arriving to Greece. Adapted a prototype, tested with users, and worked with a translator and a graphic designer to finalize the design.
– Created and distributed a how-to guide for patient and public involvement in health care policy.
– Assisted with the development of a plan for the reform of the Greek health care system. Updated and disseminated action points following meetings.
– Mapped stakeholders in electronic and mobile health applications (eHealth and mHealth). Arranged meetings and made recommendations for the roll-out of an Electronic Health Record.
– Researched HTA organizations in Europe, and identified the necessary legal framework for setting up an HTA body in Greece.
– Co-organized a stakeholder event to present the new Primary Health Care network. Compiled the list of participants, sent invitations and arranged press coverage.
Research Assistant (fixed-term contract), University College London (UCL), June 2014 – March 2015
Project title: The impact of UCL BEAMS research on public policy
– Interviewed 45 users, reviewed literature, and analyzed case study texts.
– Created a report of the analysis, available here.
– Disseminated materials via social media and targeted emails to enhance engagement with the project and maximize uptake from target audiences.
Research Assistant (fixed-term contract, renewed twice), University College London (UCL) & Cancer Research UK, July 2012 – June 2014
– Searched for and collected research papers, and extracted information on their contents.
– Co-wrote a text on the ethical implications of early publication of clinical trial results.
– A paper on the study is accessible here (paywall).
Research Assistant, King’s College London, September 2010 – October 2011
Project title: The link between Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) and Public Engagement in Science (PES)
– Identified key literature to define and map concepts.
– Administered a survey questionnaire, distributed to research centers across the UK.
– Interviewed 19 researchers from King’s College London. Used card sorting to define overlaps in PPI and PES practices.
– Co-organized a workshop to present findings and gather feedback. Presented results from interviews.
– Results were published as a research paper, accessible here.
– Mapped all researchers at King’s using participatory methods, contributing to the creation of a peer network.
Search Engine Optimization Specialization, UC Davis Extension Program, Coursera
UX Design, General Assembly
MA Philosophy, Politics, and Economics of Health, UCL
MSc Biochemical Engineering, UCL
BSc Molecular Biology, UCL
English, Dutch , French, German, Greek.
Writing articles in print and online media.
Volunteer translator for refugee support initiatives.
Volunteer at the Transforming Autism Project – helping the new charity identify and apply for sources of funding, as well as with digital strategy.