Projects

Below are some projects for which I have used my SEO, content strategy, and qualitative research skills to achieve goals.

Yperichos.gr, 2017 (ongoing)

  • Defining SEO content strategy to improve local organic results and boost social media presence for this ultrasound diagnostic practice in Piraeus, Greece.
  • Upgrading the website’s content management system by migrating from Joomla 1.5 to WordPress.org.
  • Redeveloping all content to ensure readability, usefulness, and SEO.
  • Developing content in Greek and English to reach a broader client base with different diagnostic and medical needs
  • Designing, creating, and publishing informational and marketing materials – e.g. a leaflet on ultrasound during pregnancy (in English and in Greek) – available here

Hellenic League for Human Rights, 2016-17

I curated and published content on human rights topics, working with a team of legal experts. Site visits increased by 25% during the first four months by updating SEO strategy. Key to this effort was the development of an editorial style guide. I also translated copy and wrote and sent press releases and other material to our target audiences. For an awareness campaign, I organized for printed materials to be sent to human rights advocates throughout Greece.

Health care card, World Health Organization (WHO), 2015-16

Background

In summer 2015, the Ministry of Health refugee working group identified the need for more seamless communication between health care providers operating at refugee arrival sites. The available timeframe was two months from initial conception to rollout.

Method

I used a WHO card for humanitarian emergencies, for recording patient information, as a prototype. My first task was to collaborate with stakeholders and identify  which sections of the prototype to keep and which to adapt, in order to maximise usability in the field. User testing, graphic design and translation took place iteratively, after which the card was rolled out to camps on the Greek islands.

University College London (UCL), 2014-15

Project title: The impact of UCL BEAMS research on public policy

Analysis of case studies

I read all impact case studies from UCL BEAMS and categorized them using several criteria (e.g. location, pathway to impact, sector, etc.). You can download a report of the case study text analysis here. I also wrote a couple of blog posts, republished here and here. Case studies were uploaded onto a searchable database.

King’s College London, 2010-11

Project title: The link between Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) and Public Engagement in Science (PES)

For this project, I carried out interviews, a literature review, and a survey. The goal was to map perceptions and practices related to the umbrella terms PPI and PES.

For the interview stage of the project, I interviewed 19 researchers from King’s College London. I used closed card sorting to better understand how interviewees perceived user involvement and engagement methods.

Results were published as a research paper, accessible here.

Advertisements